Catch HD
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

Catch HD

Catch HD : tous les résumés du catch en HD (WWE RAW, WWE Smackdown, TNA)

AccueilDernières imagesRechercherS'enregistrerConnexion
Le deal à ne pas rater :
Jeux, jouets et Lego : le deuxième à -50% (large sélection)
Voir le deal

The Ultimate Review of Depths of Obscurity

AuteurMessage
Ryback
Admin
Ryback

The Ultimate Review of Depths of Obscurity Empty
MessageSujet: The Ultimate Review of Depths of Obscurity   The Ultimate Review of Depths of Obscurity I_icon_minitimeSam 13 Déc - 20:18

Wow, where to begin? This band is unrelentingly fucking sick. Unreal death metal brutality collides with Meshuggah-esque chuggy polyrhythmics, and almost hallucinogenic-sounding deathcore with bizarre gurgling interplanetary interludes throughout the whole album. Death metal fans who also listen to Djent and deathcore will most likely appreciate this album very much. However, it must be said right away that these guys are superior to almost all of those types of bands and they're considerably heavier as well.

The guitars on this recording are unusually deep and percussive yet very sharp and tight. It's a pleasure to put headphones on and just let these dissonant, serpentine, tremolo-picked riffs and infernal chugging mosh-pit-inducing slamming breaks envelope you. The genius of this guitarists riffing probably makes even the most celebrated dead classical composers turn in their musty graves with envy and I'm not fucking joking. The intricacy of this dudes riffweaving is unreal. The drums are super clean. Stylish and well controlled in every way. The groove sections and breakdowns in these songs feature a ton of 4/4 china symbol riding, which gives these guys a bit of a 'djenty' flair over the odd-metered riffs.

Splattered Entrails are a 2 piece band, however this record is as full as any death metal CD you will come across these days. They sound like a full band with at least two guitar tracks, bass guitar, drums, and layered vocals throughout. Outside of the deathcore realm the influences I hear the most in terms of brutal death metal are Spawn of Possession, Severed Savior, Dying Fetus and of course Suffocation. I could even imagine Epicardiectomy and Vulvectomy fans digging this album a lot too, in addition to avid fans of Djent bands like Fellsilent, Monuments, and Uneven Structure.

However, what makes this band so good is that they're obviously doing their own thing to a certain extent. They're writing good, quality riffs and making good, quality songs. That's all that really matters at the end of the day. Splattered Entrails are apparently some unsung geniuses of the death metal scene at this point. It's sort of shocking to me that they currently have only 2 reviews on the archive (and one of those reviews slams them.) Initially I felt like the tracks "Decimating Our Will" leading seamlessly into "Relentless Intake Of Futility" were the standout songs for their keen use of heavy grooves interspersed with sinister and evil riffweaving, but upon further examination - the entire album is actually filled with these types of hooks and creative compositional ploys, and therefore the whole album is nothing but one giant highlight of great death metal.

I'm not even going to go into the production and sound quality of this album, but let me say just briefly that it is superb; way above average. Anyone seeking an exceptional brutal death metal album that stands out these days like a shining pearl in a vast wasteland of brutal sterility and staleness should get this album as soon as possible.

-TheSlimeLord
Final Score: 46 / 100
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
http://ezinearticles.com/?The-Difference-Genres-Of-Extreme-Metal

The Ultimate Review of Depths of Obscurity
Page 1 sur 1