Catch HD
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

Catch HD

Catch HD : tous les résumés du catch en HD (WWE RAW, WWE Smackdown, TNA)

AccueilDernières imagesRechercherS'enregistrerConnexion
Le Deal du moment :
Bon plan achat en duo : 2ème robot cuiseur ...
Voir le deal
600 €

The Ultimate Review of Lowly Sun Dies

AuteurMessage
Ryback
Admin
Ryback

The Ultimate Review of Lowly Sun Dies Empty
MessageSujet: The Ultimate Review of Lowly Sun Dies   The Ultimate Review of Lowly Sun Dies I_icon_minitimeSam 13 Déc - 20:17

In the midst of the dozens of black metal acts coming out of Senseless Life Records, it is always a breath of fresh air to hear something else. Enter Acid Dream: sludge/doom/stoner metallers from Michigan. As the name may imply, there is also a level of psychedelic to the music as well.

There are only 3 songs on this release, but at around 9 minutes apiece, you’re still in for a decent runtime. I was impressed with the nicely balanced production. For sure, this is some sludgy doom, but with a sharper and more deliberate sound. Expect plenty of 70’s Sabbath influence on the riffs that range from the slow and plodding to some up-tempo portions. Also like Sabbath, this is dark and heavy, but not as gnarly and abrasive as more recent acts like Lord Mantis. In addition to the doom riffs, there are some pleasant, psychedelic solos.

Vocals have a bit more of a hard rock flavor as well. The delivery is a halfway point between Godflesh’s Streetcleaner and Mastodon, and the music is interspersed with audio samples talking about drug use. Stoner vibe levels are definitely at a high (har har). At other times, long stretches of songs will have no vocals at all. Despite the repetitive riffs, droning atmosphere, and basic drumming; I don’t find myself bored. It’s not something I could just sit and listen to, but it serves nicely while I am doing other things.

Give this one a gander. At the time of writing, the band’s Bandcamp page presented a full stream. It’s not mind-shattering, but should serve as another enjoyable listen for someone looking to add a little more doom to their collection.
Final Score: 83 / 100
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
http://ezinearticles.com/?The-Difference-Genres-Of-Extreme-Metal

The Ultimate Review of Lowly Sun Dies
Page 1 sur 1